We are happy to welcome our newest Austin folks: Architect Gerard D'Arcy (GD), Project Specialist Nahal Sharifi (NS), and recent undergraduates Nick Burns (NB), and Maria Berrios (MB). To all four of you; welcome to Nelsen Partners, we are so happy to have you in our team!
We took a few minutes to get to know our newest team members, with summer added flare; and turns out nobody wants ice pops during the summer! Take a dive and see what these caffeine lovers shared.
Where are you from?
- GD: Texas
- NS: Shiraz
- NB: Fort Worth, TX
- MB: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Where did you go to school?
- GD: U of H and UA
- NS: Shahid Beheshti University, Dalhousie University, Virginia Tech
- NB: The University of Texas at Austin - School of Architecture
- MB:University of Central Florida
Favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
- GD: France
- NS: Paris
- NB: Jackson Hole Wyoming + Yellowstone
- MB: Vals, Switzerland
Favorite piece of architecture?
- GD: Phoenix Central Library
- NS: Fallingwater
- NB: Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- MB: Therme Vals by Peter Zumthor
- GD: Jogging with my dog
- NS: Painting
- NB: Fishing, golf, mountain biking, kayaking, cooking
- MB: Photography, volleyball, entertaining my puppy
- GD: Oprah
- NS: Parents
- NB: My family and friends
- MB: Both my grandmas
- GD: Pilot Razor Point - RED
- NS: Bic
- NB: Micron 01 - Black
- MB: I prefer several lineweights so haven't found 1 specific pen.
Favorite Summer Activity?
- GD: Being in conditioned space
- NS: Swimming
- NB: Doing anything outside
- MB: Going to the springs!
- GD: Playing British rock songs on the ukulele
- NS: Mind reading
- NB: Still working on this one
- MB: Best foosball player you'll ever meet
- GD: The tropical type? Jamaica maybe
- NS: Carmel City Beach
- NB: Cosmoledo, Seychelles
- MB:Wherever the Kardashians go
Your spirit animal?
- GD: Manatee
- NS: Panda
- NB: Australian Shepard
- MB: A 3 year old
Cold brew coffee or Ice Pops?
- GD: Cold brew coffee
- NS: Coffee
- NB: Black coffee
- MB: Cold brew 100%
What are you thinking about right this second?
- GD: Cold brew coffee
- NS: My spirit animal
- NB: Why I can’t think of a hidden talent?
- MB: Sleeping and french fries
What are you doing 10 years from now?
- GD: Retiring early
- NS: I don't know
- NB: Designing buildings in the public realm that have meaningful and positive impacts in people's everyday lives.
- MB: I see myself as a registered Architect, hopefully with my Master's in sustainability, finding affordable housing solutions for Third World countries