Nelsen Partners is happy to welcome our newest crew members: Project Specialist Billy Schaefer (BS), a New Yorker but soon to be Austinite, and from our Scottsdale office, Executive Assistant Janelle Markegard (JM), Seattleite but Sedona lover. Please take 90 seconds to find out a little more about these two spirit animal twins.
Sneak peek: one of these two likes ice cream with fish. Here's the full scoop!
Where are you from?
- BS: Short version - England with a 10 year layover in New York
- JM: I grew up in Seattle, WA (and yes it does rain there quite often) 😊
Where did you go to school?
- BS: The City College of New York, then Harvard GSD
- JM: I went to the Art Institute of Seattle
Favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
- BS: Montserrat
- JM: So far has to be Paris with my best friend. We ate bread, pasta & wine 6 times a day!
Favorite piece of architecture?
- BS: Gallaratese by Aldo Rossi
- JM: Disneyland
- BS: Watching freight trains go by
- JM: I enjoy hiking, taking spontaneous road trips with friends to Sedona or the beach, attempting to finish pilates class without passing out
- BS: Thierry Henry
- JM: My late Grandmother- she was one in a million
- BS: Skateboarding, only at night!
- JM: My super power hidden talent is being able to recognize the make of a car by its headlights—exhilarating I know
- BS: Medium Sharpie
- JM: Black Pilot V Ball
Favorite song from your teenage years?
- BS: Nas - One Love
- JM: Stuck in my head from my teenage years.. Hands Down & all BackStreet Boys
You’re stuck on a deserted island with only three things, what three things would you have?
- BS: Phone, solar powered charger and a telescope
- JM: White cheddar popcorn, Seinfeld & cute kittens
Your spirit animal?
- BS: Otter
- JM: Sea otter- nothing should be allowed to be that cute
Favorite ice cream flavor?
- BS: Phish Food if I had to pick one
- JM: Rainbow sherbert or coffee
What are you thinking about right this second?
- BS: How did I get stuck on a deserted island?
- JM: What I am going to have for dinner
What are you doing 10 years from now?
- BS: Hopefully designing spaces that thicken the transition from outside to inside
- JM: I hope to be happy, healthy & have a custom wine fridge in my walk in closet